Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Packing my luggage bag little Miss Mischief style

I'm leaving to go to Perth tomorrow for the PBC expo.
Like any regular normal human being, I like to leave things to the very last minute. The mummy rote kicked in this morning and I decided to get organised!. I am very big on minimal. Staying just 4 days this time, all I needed was work clothes, underwear, toiletries and I guess the dusty makeup bag should go in as well. All that took up less than half of the suitcase; more room to bring back goodies for the tribe. Little Miss Mischief decided that just won't do at all. Tapping her foot on the ground and finger to her mouth in unison, I could hear her mind churning over in super hyperdrive. Within minutes she had added to my meagre stack
3 Barbie movies (because they are really good to watch she says)
2 Candles complete with stands - just in case there's no light
5 pairs of shoes - 2 pairs I forgot that I had
2 teddy bears - if I get scared
1 framed picture of her - so if I miss her, she'll be close ( hey honey I have 2 in my purse and 6 on my Iphone)
4 books
1 bowl
and my "Mummy Moment" cup ( that was always on the list)

The lightbulb sprang up above her head when she realised Mum has to eat!
in zip lock bags for each she packed
4 cruskits - because I am staying 4 days
small handful of cashews ( she even remembered I preferred unsalted)
a very full bag of rolled oats for breakfast, I think thats what the bowl is for.
Cornflakes
A mixture of Sultanas and dates

The bag was bulging so she sat on it to close up the zipper. I had a vision of the rolled oats bursting all through my bag.
Standing back, hands on hips she was proud of her achievement. Mum will definitely not go without out when she remembered just one more thing; I might get bored. She scampered of to her bedroom to get what I knew would be the barrel of textas and colouring books, I was left holding the one pair of shoes that I did want to take, holding back the laughter.

With relief the barrel would not fit till she emptied the contents into all crevices. All 60 textas found a place somewhere in my bag, and the colouring books flattened on top. When all was done, finished and the suitcase by some miracle was zipped up, she took both my hands into hers, looked lovingly into my eyes and said with a grown up demeanor "You'll be ok, no need to get scared or worried, because I love you mummy".

I guess I better wait till she's in bed asleep tonight to discreetly repack my bag and secret the stash in the wardrobe. I might not take all the things she packed for me, but the memory of her doing so, will come with me for sure.
I love you too baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment