Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Women are from Venus and Men aren't, thats why men are always in the Dog House

JC Penney:beware of the Dog House

My epal Frank sent me an email with the above link of JC Penney: Beware of the Dog House. Laughed myself onto the floor while watching this so I just had to share it. Just click on it to watch the 4 minute clip.
I think most couples in particular the men could really relate to this video clip.

I can remember some years ago when my husband Maurie was placed into the Dog House for an almost eternity for the severest infraction a male could ever commit; Not Noticing the glam new Hair Cut!!!!!.

I had limp, waist length, deadpan straight blonde hair with a fringe that was too long. My hair was dowdy and I looked and felt just as dowdy, well overdue for a proper tidy up if not a complete overhaul.

I left Maurie at home in his office working away, while I found a hairdresser that could fit me in. A rarity in itself, we have 13 hairdressing shops to accommodate our tiny little town, they are always booked out for days on end, but that day the universe opened up to my needs, with a cancellation at the last minute, I was in.
2 hours later I emerged, the hairdresser having convinced me out of my decision to shave it all off, with bouncy layers of shoulder length honey coloured  hair with soft highlights of copper to accentuate the layers. I looked fabulous, gratefully leaving behind 12 inches of hair on the floor of the hairdressers. A lot of hair really, a lot.
Before I even got in my car to drive home, 5 people had commented on the fantastic new haircut. I felt remarkably uplifted and there was a spring in my step to rival the Easter bunny as I bounded up our garden path into our home.
Going straight to his office, we spoke facing each other. As the conversation wore on with Mr Oblivious, as I silently nicknamed him, my heart sank further and further. He hadn't noticed, nix, nothing. He hadn't noticed that 12 inches of hair was missing, or the simple fact that it was now a completely different colour and a totally different shape.
With subtle hints such as the dramatic flick of my head, toying with it's now short ends, fingering the top layers of the hair to lift the hair for further bounce, as I spoke with him, delivered his lunch, a cup of tea, the phone, some paperwork throughout the rest of the day, he didn't notice. My demeanour got sharply colder as the day wore on.......

When I am angry or upset the house gets cleaned with a thoroughness to rival sainthood. When the kids arrived home from school the house was spotless and my lips were a tight thin line of anger and disappointment.
Zip was first to arrive, as soon as she opened the door and saw me she screeched an excited "Love the new hairdo mum, wow you look amazing!".
I heard a loud "Do'h" excrete from Maurie's mouth which was still in the office along with the rest of his 'I am incredibly stupid' body. Seconds later, Ritch came through the door with the exact same reaction as his sister. Maurie was not game enough to leave the office.
Drue and Ryan weren't that far behind either, both went 'WOW" instantly. Drue scanned the house and realised by the looks of it something was amiss with his mother. It didn't take a genius to work out why.
He walked into Maurie's office finding him there plastered at his desk with his face buried in his hands, "you didn't notice mums hair cut did you? Oh man are you in the dog house big time!".
Not lifting his face away from his hands Maurie's reply was "Women are from Venus and men aren't ok".
Maurie slept on the couch for the next week.

After that near grounds for divorce fiasco, Maurie never missed a hair cut, that is until this year when I found out why he never missed such an important event.
Zip is always the first to know whenever I go get a hair cut, she would text message Maurie and the boys "Warning! Mum has new hair cut!". The boys, just to be on the safe side would forward the text or ring Maurie to make sure he didn't blunder again. Of course I was none the wiser.

So a few months ago, when I had a scheduled appointment for a hair cut, Zip promptly texted all the members of the family. I arrived at the hairdressers only to find that it was the wrong day. Not to worry my hair wasn't that bad, it could wait another week, I took the time to see a friend who was having some trouble with her business, so I was away for a couple of hours. Arriving home each of the family in turn said how great my hair looked.
I was confused because I hadn't done anything different with my hair?.

Tim walked in after dinner, he didn't say anything till he started to look for his phone that he left behind the day before, as he turned it on, the ting of copious messages rang through. After reading a couple, he looked up at me and said "Um, your hair looks really good,"
SPRUNG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment