Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thank God for Childhood 101 because I am so sick of ERp, SAP,SFA, MySQL,CRM

I am so thankful of Bec Marr of Ruby Ruby Designs for providing so many creative, fun websites that she works on as a graphic designer. Today I was particularly gratefully for a new site that she linked to me just cant be NOT shared.
I looked at the pages, posts and fell into a swirling bath of warm fuzzies. After the last 4 days its any wonder I'm still alive, though I am very doubtful of my sanity right now.


I can see it shred into a thousand tiny shards scattered over a various different location, when Bec sent me this link. After that I saw the footage from Australia's Got Talent of a young  boy who sang me of my chair, my jaw scraped on the ground. After that I knew that there was a really wonderful world out there, and I wasn't going remain in DODIFS mode any more!!.




                                                                                http://childhood101.com




This site is such a magical delight for the senses, I just wanted to wrap myself up in it. I'm so comfortable in the creative world, that it is almost torture to have to deal with 'suits', especially suits with an agenda. If I hadn't left behind a trail of utter destruction today I would have physically escaped with Little Miss Mischief, instead I imagined it.






 I think I've seen 10,000 websites trying to find a process solution for our business. We want an easy web based sales taking system that allows our Reps to see whats instock right at the moment they visit the retailers. As they input the order the inventory is automatically adjusted and the retailers file is also adjusted to not what they ordered.
Quite simply really, do you think I can find anything, anything, anything that could meet our needs. 
 Don't get me started on the plethora of frustrating terminology. I found a blog site called CRM Coach who writes about the software for small business. I like him, he put it in simple language then put the abbrev. in brackets after it. He also went as far to explain what they really mean and how not to get trapped by the sales pitches (I saw through that already).  I even went to the small biz forums to ask for advice. I think I unleashed a hornet's nest, because I was inundated with power sales pitches pushing to purchase their product first before trialing.
All 15 of these guru's had the perfect solution.....not.
I made up a new set of initials... DODIFS, which stands for Dear Oh Dear I Feel Stupid during one particular conversation with a young man was spieling out all the known initials that could ever be used in the software field. 
I was quickly losing my confidence gulping down each & every one these profanities, trying to figure out what the hell they meant!


The first moment he stopped to take a breath, I jumped in with "Sounds great, fantastic, but I'm driving my staff and our processes away from DODIFS mode"
there was a second of silence when he jumped back into 'hyper sell mode- because I have to make my quota this month' and said exactly what I expected him to say "Yes, definitely, we'll make sure that we don't use that system for you". Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle. 
I replied "Opps sorry, um I think it is now DODYFS. Thank you, we are currently compiling a short list of software applications that we think could suit our business needs. As soon as we have finalised that we will contact you".
This was a tutored response from the CRM Coach's blog on how to navigate the smarmy world of software resellers & partners. A really nice way of saying bugger off.


Anyway's I think that I'll let it rest awahile because I did something to make the web cutting machine die, so when my computer started to do poltergeist things the other staff took a protective stand in front of theirs, and the production manager quickly called out from the production room "Don't you dare come in here"


I have this odd habit of killing electrical things when I am upset. Last week it was both the dishwasher & the Dryer. Good timing for the Dryer to commit revenge!. Honestly all I did was look at the thing, and the entire internal engine fell from its housing.




Well another blog, written smoke free by a frazzled work weary "I shouldn't have it any other way" mum

No comments:

Post a Comment